Web Interfaces for CICS & Mainframe Applications
HostBridge WIRE – .NET-Based Web Interface Rules Engine
The HostBridge Web Interface Rules Engine (WIRE) is a Microsoft .NET programming and runtime environment that enables organizations to rapidly develop and deploy web interfaces for the presentation of CICS data and business logic delivered as XML documents by HostBridge. WIRE interfaces modernize legacy data, making it easy for today’s users – employees, partners, or customers – to interact with mainframe applications and data in a familiar, self-service browser setting.
WIRE Presentation Modes
Running on Microsoft IIS Web Server and highly scalable, WIRE consumes XML or Web services generated by HostBridge and, using AJAX, updates legacy applications via three browser-based, mouse-driven presentation modes:
- Classic Mode. Replicates the look and feel of a 3270 terminal screen for seasoned terminal users.
- Standard Mode. Preserves 3270 functionality while simplifying display for users with less terminal experience.
- Enhanced Mode. Delivers a rich web look-and-feel and enhanced application interfaces.
Using Enhanced Mode, developers can:
- Use a suite of WIRE ASP.NET controls to create more functional pages with appealing layouts, formatting, navigation tools, and images.
- Leverage HostBridge automation to select application areas for display or present a complex multi-transaction CICS process as a single simple web form
- Incorporate ASP.NET custom controls, web objects from a WIRE Data Dictionary, and services from any XML-capable data or application asset
- Ensure future extensibility with callable SOA services and designs.
The WIRE IDE
WIRE includes an integrated development environment (IDE) that will be familiar to any .NET programmer. The IDE resides within Visual Studio .NET and features a full suite of object-oriented .NET components. Within the IDE, developers can design, develop, debug, and deploy WIRE interfaces and also configure WIRE’s data dictionary, XSLT templates, and general config files. With WIRE, HostBridge gets you to the front end faster.